Statement of Faith:
a) We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. As such, the scriptures contained within the Bible define the beliefs and doctrine that New Beginnings Church of Middletown, PA follows to conduct the ministries, worship services (including weddings and funerals) and outreach programs offered by clergy, employees and congregation volunteers.
b) We believe in the Holy Trinity - God the Father, Sovereign Lord of all creation; God the Son, deliverer of humankind from sin and evil; God the Holy Spirit, our counselor and guide through everyday life.
c) We believe that all humankind is vulnerable to sin and falls short of the glory of God. Salvation from sin is possible only through repentance and a complete commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Jesus redeemed us by His death through His shed blood, He ascended to the right hand of the Father and He will personally return in power and glory.
d) We believe in the sacrament of Holy Communion as a confession of our sins. This sacrament represents the forgiveness of sins though the body and blood of Christ.
e) We believe in the sacrament of Baptism as a recognition that we are all children of God. This sacrament represents a commitment to be a part of, and provide support to, the body of Christ.
Prayer in the key that opens Heaven's door.
Our Core Values:
“…go and make disciples of all peoples…”
– Matthew 28:19a (NLT)
We, as a congregation, encourage others towards developing a close, personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This includes extending an invitation to accept and confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives. We also encourage our congregants to invite others to worship and fellowship with us.
Now go out to the street corners and invite everyone you see. – Matthew 22:9 (NLT)
“…baptizing them in the
name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit…”
– Matthew 28:19b (NLT)
We encourage everyone to embrace their faith in Jesus by:
· Surrendering any area of their lives where they live in rebellion of God’s Holy Word, confessing and repenting sin.
· Allowing Jesus to transform them from the inside, out – as stated in Romans 12:2, “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” (NLT)
· Loving God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength.
· Loving one another.
Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. – John 13:35 (NLT)
“…Teach these new disciples
to obey all the commands I
have given you…”
– Matthew 28:20a (NLT)
Our mission is to empower the lives of people through faith in Jesus Christ, focusing on:
· Overcoming temptation and other attacks by Satan and the “evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12, NLT)
· Discovering God’s plan, purpose and calling on their lives;
· Identifying and utilizing their God given spiritual gifts;
· Staying true to their faith and love of Jesus Christ; and
· Executing the Mission Statement of New Beginnings Church of Middletown, Pennsylvania, which reads as follows:
“We are an independent body of believers offering God’s invitation for a new beginning to all who seek it. We exist to meet the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of all people through faith in Jesus Christ.”
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
The most beautiful church I have ever attended. The pastor down through the congregation is the most beautiful people inside and out. Thank you for doing GOD'S work.
I have listened to the church service on line now for quite a while now and I tell you the services are amazing. I love how the congregation pulls together with the prayer request and the birthday wishes among other things that is brought up during the services. Even though I can't attend in person, I always look forward to listening every Sunday.
Today was my first visit to the church. It will not be my only one or my last one. I felt very welcomed. And even though I have never been there before and I was only a guest, Pastor Britt took time to meet with me afterwards for some personal time and prayers. That made me definitely want to go back. And on a side note, I was fortunate also that it was a day they had a lunch and the youth group did an amazing job. It was delicious!!!!